Creating A No Drama Work Culture
Restaurant culture is often stereotyped as fast-paced, high-stress, and ripe with interpersonal conflict. Long-time Zingerman’s Roadhouse restaurant manager, Lisa Schultz, took charge to foster a different culture for her staff. While conflict in the workplace is unavoidable, there are ways to dramatically minimize the drama it can create.
In 2017, Lisa designed a ‘No Drama’ training that is now taught to every new Roadhouse employee. This quiet, yet powerful work of staying centered under pressure is practiced on a daily basis by the 100+ staff who work there. Throughout the years, it has had a positive impact on the company’s teamwork, customer service, and finances.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn the ‘No Drama’ content we teach to all Roadhouse new hires
- Gain language and tools to reduce workplace drama and manage personal energy
- Understand how and why this work has helped improve our culture and bottom-lines
- Get an inside look at Zingerman’s orientation training and our Bottom-Line Change® process
- Meet Lisa Schultz, Managing Partner of Zingerman’s Roadhouse